A checklist allows you highlight important or required assignments, readings, or other items for students to complete.
Creating a Checklist
- Click “Resources” and select “Checklist” from the drop-down menu.
- Click “New Checklist.”
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the Checklist.
Determine if you wish for the Checklist to open in a new window or in the existing window. Then click “Save.”
- Scroll down to "Categories and Items." Click the “New Category” button to setup your first category.
- Enter a name and description (optional) for the category. To create another category, click “Save and New.” Otherwise, click “Save” to return to the checklist setup.
- Click “New Item” to set up your first item.
- Select a category for the item, or create a new category now. Enter a name and description (optional) for the item.
If desired, set a due date using the calendar and time menus. Also determine if you’d like for the item to appear in the course calendar.
To create a new item, click “Save and New.” Otherwise, click “Save” to return to the checklist.
Here is an example of how a Checklist will appear for students. Checklists are intended for students to track their progress in a course or on an assignment. Instructors can see how many items on a Checklist have been completed for individual students with the Class Progress tool, but they cannot drill down to see the individual items completed.