This article covers importing course components that originate from another course, another learning management system, or publisher content, such as exam cartridges.
In order to import a file into D2L, the file must be a .zip (compressed) file!
What is a course package?A course package is the file that is obtained by exporting a course. This file creates an archive (in a .zip file) that contains all the components of your course (content, quizzes, discussions, etc.). It is also often distributed by textbook publishers as a way to share their courses/resources with their customers.
For more information on exporting your course, see the Exporting Course Components article.
What files are supported?You can import course packages from the following platforms and standards:
- Brightspace by D2L
- Blackboard Learn v. 6/7/8/9
- Angel Learning v. 7/8
- Moodle v. 1.9/2
- Common Cartridge v. 1.0/1.1
- SCORM Object
- Navigate to the “Course Administration” page by clicking “Course Admin” in the gray NavBar. Under the “Site Resources” heading, select “Import / Export / Copy Components.”
- On the Import/Export/Copy Components page, select “Import Components” and then click “Start.”
- Drag-and- drop or browse for the course package .zip file that you wish to upload. DO NOT UNZIP THE FILE BEFORE UPLOADING!
Once the file is loaded, choose to “Import All Components” or “Select Components.”
- If you chose to “Import All Components, skip to Step 9. Otherwise, D2L will read your course package. Once the system has completed reading the package, click “Continue.”
- On the customization page, select the components you wish to import. It is generally recommended that you do not change the advanced settings. Click “Continue.”
- Confirm your selection by clicking “Continue.”
- The import will process. Once all items have been imported, click “Continue.”
- It is recommended that you “View Content” to make sure everything imported correctly.