This article outlines the process for embedding "Films on Demand" videos into a D2L Content page. Embedding a “Films on Demand” video into a D2L content page will allow your students to view the video directly in D2L. This also eliminates the need for students to re-authenticate when accessing videos from off-campus locations.
Embedding Films on Demand videos in D2L
- Locate the desired video from the Rohrbach Library’s Films on Demand (FoD) database.
- Directly below the video player in FoD, click the “Embed” link.
- First, select your video size from the drop-down menu. Then copy and paste the entire embed code from the box.
Tip: Click anywhere inside the box and then press “ctrl” + “a” to select all text.
- Now return to your D2L course to create a Content page to house the Films on Demand video. If you already have a page established, enter the page and skip to Step 6.
- Inside the desired content module, click “Upload / Create” and choose “Create a File.”
- Give the page a title and enter any additional text-based content for the page. Click the “Insert Stuff” button to add the FoD video embed code.
- On the “Insert Stuff” menu, choose “Enter Embed Code” from the list on the left.
Paste the embed code into the box.
IMPORTANT: In order for the embed code to work, you will need to manually add an 's' after the 'http' in the source URL. Then cllick “Next.”
- A preview may not display. If it doesn't, don't worry - just click “Insert.”
- You will return to the HTML view. Here, again, it is likely that the video may not be displayed. This is ok. Click “Publish” to create the live page.
- After saving the page, you should be able to see and play the video on your D2L page.