This article covers Restrictions. This course management tool can help guide the flow of student learning by allowing instructors to control when course content is released to students. When restrictions and release conditions are set, students can only access an item during the specified time frame.
Restrictions are available for content, discussions, dropbox folder, quizzes, checklists, and news items. However, the process of adding restrictions to content items and modules is slightly different. For more information, see the Content Restrictions section below.
Tool Restrictions (Discussions, Dropbox, Quizzes, Checklists, News)
- To add restrictions to a particular item, enter the edit screen for the item.
- Navigate to the “Restrictions” tab at the top of the page.
- Enter the date restrictions for item using the calendar and time fields. You must check the box that corresponds with the date and time fields before entering a date and time.
- Enter the desire module. To add restrictions, click “Add dates and restrictions” under the module name.
- Enter the “Start Date”, “End Date”, and “Due Date” by clicking on each “Add date” text. After entering your dates and times, be sure to click “Update” to save the dates.
- To add restrictions to an individual content item, click the “Actions Arrow” next to the item and choose “Edit Properties In-Place.” Then, follow the same steps as adding restrictions to a module.