This article explains importing grades to D2L. The import file must follow a specific format. For this reason, we recommend setting up your grade book in D2L and then exporting it to a CSV file as a template.
Importing Grades to D2L
- On the “Enter Grades” page, click “Import.”
- Click “Browse” to select a file to import. The CSV file should be formatted to match the sample file. Once the file is selected, click “Continue.”
Note: Be sure to activate “create new grade item when an unrecognized item is referenced” if you have added additional items in the CSV file, but not in D2L.
- If your file included new items and you enabled the “create new grade item when an unrecognized item is referenced” setting, you will be prompted to create new grade items.
The table will populate based on the CSV file. Make any desired changes and then click “Continue.”
- On the next screen, set the grade item properties. Assign a category, maximum points, can exceed, and bonus for each item. Click “Continue.”
- View any errors and warnings, then click “Continue.”
- View the import preview and click “Import.”