This article shows the process of creating grade categories and items in D2L Grades.
Creating a Grade Category
- Navigate to Grades (Assessments > Grades).
- On the “Manage Grades” page, click “New” and choose “Category.”
- Type a name for the category.
- Set the “Grading” options for the category.
Can Exceed - allows user grades to exceed the max value for the grade item.
Exclude from Final Grade Calculation - (points-based systems only) Do not include the grade in the overall grade.
Distribution - automatic point/weight distribution to all items in the category.
- Set the “Display Options” for the category, if you wish for them to differ from your default grade book options.
- On the “Restrictions” tab, you can set visibility settings for the category. Due to a current issue with the MyKU mobile app, please avoid hiding grade categories.
- Be sure to click “Save and Close” before exiting.
Creating a Grade Item
- On the “Manage Grades” page, click “New” and choose “Item.”
- Select the desired “Grade Type.” For points based items, choose “Numeric.”
- Enter a title for the grade item and select or create a category, if desired.
- Set the “Grading” options for the item. If desired, you can add a D2L Rubric.
- Set the display options for the grade item, if you wish for them to differ from you default grade book grade options.
- On the “Restrictions” tab, you set visibility options for the grade item.
- Be sure to “Save and Close” before exiting.