This article covers the process of adding a Blog to your course. Journals, Blogs & Wikis are integrated with D2L via an external learning tool called Campus Pack. The first part of this article covers creating a link to Campus Pack, while the second documents the process of setting up a course Blog.
Note: Blogs are public by default. If you wish to have a private journal/blog for students to reflect and communicate with only the instructor, set up a Campus Pack Journal instead.
Adding a link to Campus Pack
- From the D2L Content area, navigate to, or create, a module that will house the Campus Pack link to Journals, Blogs, and Wikis. Once inside the module, click the “Existing Activities” button and choose “External Learning Tools” from the list.
- Select “Campus Pack Collaboration Space” from the list of possible External Learning Tools.
- A link to the external learning tool, Campus Pack, will appear in your module as ”Campus Pack Collaboration Space”. This link will serve as the main point of access to Campus Pack for both students and instructors.
Tip: For optimal viewing, it is recommended that you set Campus Pack to open as an external resource. With this setting, Campus Pack opens in a new browser window, separate from D2L. This allows for easier navigation inside the tool, as well as easy access to return to D2L. To enable this setting, click the “Actions Arrow” next to the “Campus Pack Collaboration Space” link in the module and choose “Edit Properties in Place.”
Setting up a Blog
- After changing the link properties, you will need to refresh your page in order to activate the link. Click on the link to access Campus Pack. Once on the Campus Pack page, click the “Add Content” button to set up a new tool.
- Choose “Blog” from the list of available tools.
Enter a title and description for the Blog and then click “Add.”
- The new blog will be created and you will be taken to the main page. To get started adding entries, click the “Add Entry” button.
- Use the editor and tools to create content for the blog page.
- To return to the Campus Pack main page, click on the course name link.